What Personal Data Do We Receive?
Personal data is any information from or about an identified or identifiable person, including information that UglyConnect can associate with an individual person. We may collect, or process on behalf of our customers, the following categories of personal data when you use or interact with UglyConnect products and services:
* Account Information: Information associated with an account that licenses UglyConnect products and services, which may include administrator name, contact information, account ID, billing and transaction information, and account plan information.
* Profile and Participant Information: Information associated with the UglyConnect profile of a user who uses UglyConnect products and services under a licensed account or that is provided by an unlicensed participant joining a meeting, which may include name, display name, picture, email address, phone number, job information, stated locale, user ID, or other information provided by the user and/or their account owner.
* Contacts and Calendar Integrations: Contact information added by accounts and/or their users to create contact lists on UglyConnect products and services, which may include contact information a user integrates from a third-party app or provided by users to process referral invitations. Users can also integrate their calendars from other services with their UglyConnect profile or account.
* Email Information: Email information, including email content, headers, and metadata, if account owners and/or their users integrate their emails with products and services offered or made available by UglyConnect, such as business analytics tools like UglyConnect.
* Settings: Information associated with the preferences and settings on a UglyConnect account or user profile, which may include audio and video settings, recording file location, screen sharing settings, and other settings and configuration information.
* Registration Information: Information provided when registering for a UglyConnect meeting, webinar, UglyConnect Room, or recording, which may include name and contact information, responses to registration questions, and other registration information requested by the host.
* Device Information: Information about the computers, phones, and other devices used when interacting with UglyConnect products and services, which may include information about the speakers, microphone, camera, OS version, hard disk ID, PC name, MAC address, IP address (which may be used to infer general location at a city or country level), device attributes (like operating system version and battery level), WiFi information, and other device information (like Bluetooth signals).
* Content and Context from Meetings, Webinars, Messaging, and Other Collaborative Features: Content generated in meetings, webinars, or messages that are hosted on UglyConnect products and services, which may include audio, video, in-meeting messages, in-meeting and out-of-meeting whiteboards, chat messaging content, transcriptions, transcript edits and recommendations, written feedback, responses to polls and Q&A, and files, as well as related context, such as invitation details, meeting or chat name, or meeting agenda. Content may contain your voice and image, depending on the account owner's settings, what you choose to share, your settings, and what you do on UglyConnect products and services.
* Product and Website Usage: Information about how people and their devices interact with UglyConnect products and services, such as: when participants join and leave a meeting; whether participants sent messages and who they message with; performance data; mouse movements, clicks, keystrokes or actions (such as mute/unmute or video on/off), edits to transcript text, where authorized by the account owner and other inputs that help UglyConnect to understand feature usage, improve product design, and suggest features; which third-party apps are added to a meeting or other product or service and what information and actions the app is authorized to access and perform; use of third-party apps and the UglyConnect App Marketplace; features used (such as screen sharing, emojis, or filters); and other usage information and metrics. This also includes information about when and how people visit and interact with UglyConnect's websites, including what pages are accessed, interaction with website features, and whether the person signed up for a UglyConnect product or service.
* Communications with UglyConnect: Information about your communications with UglyConnect, including relating to support questions, your account, and other inquiries.
* Information from Partners: UglyConnect obtains information about account owners and their users from third-party companies, such as market data enrichment services, including information about an account owner's company size or industry, contact information, or activity of certain enterprise domains. UglyConnect may also obtain information from third-party advertising partners who deliver ads displayed on UglyConnect products and services, such as whether you clicked on an ad they showed you.
How Do We Use Personal Data?
UglyConnect employees do not access meeting, webinar, or messaging content (specifically, audio, video, files, in-meeting whiteboards, and messages), or any content generated or shared as part of other collaborative features (such as out-of-meeting whiteboards or emails), unless directed by an account owner, or as required for legal, safety, or security reasons, as discussed below. UglyConnect uses personal data to conduct the following activities:
* Provide UglyConnect Products and Services: To provide products and services to account owners, their users, and those they invite to join meetings and webinars hosted on their accounts, including to customize UglyConnect products and services and recommendations for accounts or their users. UglyConnect also uses personal data, including contact information, to route invitations and messages to recipients when users send invitations and messages using UglyConnect products and services. This may also include using personal data for customer support, which may include accessing audio, video, files, messages, and other content or context, at the direction of the account owner or their users. We also use personal data to manage our relationship and contracts with account owners and others, including billing, compliance with contractual obligations, facilitating payment to third-party developers in relation to purchases made through the UglyConnect App Marketplace, and related administration.
*Advanced Voice and Video Features: If you elect to use certain video features, such as filters, avatars, and gestures, information about your movements or the positioning of your face or hands may be processed on your device to apply the selected features. Such data does not leave your device, is not retained, and cannot be used to identify you. If certain features are enabled, such as transcription generation for recordings, UglyConnect may use technology that analyzes the meeting's audio recording to distinguish one speaker from another in order to create an accurate transcript. The audio analysis is not retained after the transcript is generated.
* Product Research and Development: To develop, test, and improve UglyConnect products and services, including, for example, content-related features (such as background and other filters), and to troubleshoot products and services.
* Marketing, Promotions, and Third-Party Advertising: To permit UglyConnect and/or its third-party marketing partners to market, advertise, and promote UglyConnect products and services, including based on your product usage, information we receive from third-party partners, information you provide to process referral invitations, or if you visit our websites, information about how and when you visit, and your interactions with them. We may also use this information to provide advertisements to you relating to UglyConnect products and services or to engage third party partners to analyze your interactions on our website or app or to deliver advertising to you. UglyConnect does not use meeting, webinar, or messaging content (specifically, audio, video, files shared, in-meeting whiteboards, and messages), or any content generated or shared as part of other collaborative features (such as out-of-meeting whiteboards or emails) for any marketing or promotions.
* Authentication, Integrity, Security, and Safety: To authenticate accounts and activity, detect, investigate, and prevent malicious conduct or unsafe experiences, address security threats, protect public safety, and secure UglyConnect products and services.
* Communicate with You: We use personal data (including contact information) to communicate with you about UglyConnect products and services, including product updates, your account, and changes to our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
* Legal Reasons: To comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or government agencies, to investigate or participate in civil discovery, litigation, or other adversarial legal proceedings, and to enforce or investigate potential violations of our Terms of Service or policies.
UglyConnect uses advanced tools to automatically scan content such as virtual or blurred backgrounds, profile images, and files uploaded or exchanged through chat, for the purpose of detecting and preventing violations of our terms or policies and illegal or other harmful activity, and its employees may investigate such content where required for legal, safety, or security reason.
How Do We Share Personal Data?
UglyConnect provides personal data to third parties only with consent or in one of the following circumstances (subject to your prior consent where required under applicable law):
* Resellers: If an account owner licensed or purchased UglyConnect products and services from a third-party reseller of UglyConnect products and services, the reseller may be able to access personal data and content for users, including meetings, webinars, and messages hosted by the account owner.
* Vendors: UglyConnect works with third-party service providers to provide, support, and improve UglyConnect products and services and technical infrastructure, and for business services such as payment processing, including in relation to purchases made through the UglyConnect App Marketplace. UglyConnect may also work with third-party service providers to provide advertisements and business analytics regarding UglyConnect products and services. These vendors can access personal data subject to contractual and technical requirements for protecting personal data and prohibiting them from using personal data for any purpose other than to provide services to UglyConnect or as required by law. UglyConnect may integrate third-party technology to provide advanced features, such as MorBizIQ.com technological solutions, to process information on your device about face or hand dimensions and gestures to provide video effects. This information is processed on your device, and such information is neither received nor stored by either the third party, or UglyConnect.
* For Legal Reasons: UglyConnect may share personal data as needed to: (1) comply with applicable law or respond to, investigate, or participate in valid legal process and proceedings, including from law enforcement or government agencies; (2) enforce or investigate potential violations of its Terms of Service or policies; (3) detect, prevent, or investigate potential fraud, abuse, or safety and security concerns, including threats to the public; (4) meet our corporate and social responsibility commitments; (5) protect our and our customers' rights and property; and (6) resolve disputes and enforce agreements.
* Marketing, Advertising, and Analytics Partners: UglyConnect uses third-party marketing, advertising, and analytics providers: to provide statistics and analysis about how people are using UglyConnect products and services, including our website; and to provide advertising and marketing for UglyConnect products and services, including targeted advertising based on your use of our website. These third-party partners may receive information about your activities on UglyConnect's website through third-party cookies placed on UglyConnect's website. To opt out of our use of third-party cookies that share data with these partners, visit our cookie management tool, available in Cookies Settings. Where required by law, UglyConnect will first obtain your consent before engaging in the marketing or advertising activities described.
* Corporate Affiliates: UglyConnect shares personal information with corporate affiliates, such as MorBizI.Q. LLC, to provide integrated and consistent experiences across UglyConnect products and services (such as enabling an account owner or their user to integrate a UglyConnect Phone call into a meeting) and to detect, investigate, and prevent fraud, abuse, and threats to public safety.
* Change of Control: We may share personal data with actual or prospective acquirers, their representatives, and other relevant participants in, or during negotiations of, any sale, merger, acquisition, restructuring, or change in control involving all or a portion of UglyConnect's business or assets, including in connection with bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
* Third-Party Developers: If you purchase a third-party app or integration from MorBizI.Q. LLC Solutions, UglyConnect may share information about the purchase with the third-party developer, to provide the app or integration.
Who Can See, Share, and Process My Personal Data When I Join Meetings and Use Other UglyConnect Products and Services?
When you send messages or join meetings and webinars on UglyConnect, other people and organizations, including third parties outside the meeting, webinar, or message, may be able to see content and information that you share:
* Account Owner: An account owner is the organization or individual that signs up for a UglyConnect account. Typically, an account owner designates one or more people (called an “administrator”) to manage their account and can grant privileges to users on the account. Depending on their license with UglyConnect, the account owner can authorize additional users on their account, and the account owner can create and/or access the profile information for all users on their account. The account owner and their users can invite others (including guests not on their account and unlicensed participants) to meetings or webinars hosted on their account.
UglyConnect gives account owners controls and features that they can use to determine whether certain types of content, such as recordings or out-of-meeting messages, can be created or sent, and what third-party apps can be used, for meetings and webinars hosted on their account. Depending on their settings, account owners and the users they designate can access personal data for participants who join meetings and webinars on their account or send messages to users on their account. Specifically, account owners may have access to:
*Product Usage: Information about how users and their devices interact with their account, which may include who sent messages to their users in chat, email addresses, IP addresses, device information, and other information about who joined meetings or webinars on their account, whether their users viewed or downloaded a recording, how long participants participated in their meetings, the time a message was sent, information about UglyConnect Phone integrations, and other usage information and feedback metrics.
*Participant List: Information about the participants in a UglyConnect meeting, webinar, or chat, which may include name, display name, email address, phone number, and participant or user ID.
*Registration Information: Information provided during registration for a webinar, meeting, UglyConnect Room, or recording hosted by the account.
*UglyConnect Team Chat Out-of-Meeting Messages: If enabled on their account, account owners and those they authorize can see information about who sent and received out-of-meeting messages to users on their account along with information about the message (for example, date and time, and number of participants). Depending on their settings, account owners also can see sender and receiver information, and other messaging data, along with the content of messages sent to and from users on their account, unless the account owner has enabled Advanced Chat Encryption. Depending on their settings, account owners and those they authorize may also see the content shared through collaborative features, including whiteboards, files, and images shared in out-of-meeting chat.
*In-Meeting/Webinar Messages: Depending on their settings, account owners can see sender and receiver information, along with the content of messages sent to and from users on their account, in the following circumstances:
*Messages sent to Everyone in a meeting that is recorded
*Messages sent to panelists in a webinar that is recorded
*Direct messages if the account owner has enabled archiving
*If a participant in a meeting is subject to archiving, their account owner will have access to messages sent to Everyone in the meeting, as well as direct messages sent to that participant.
*Recordings: Account owners can watch the content of recordings of meetings and webinars hosted on their account. They can also view, share, and enable advanced features for transcripts of meeting audio.
*Polling, Q&A, and Feedback: Account owners can see information about who provided responses to their polls, Q&A, or post meeting or webinar feedback requests, including name and contact information, together with the responses or feedback, unless responses are submitted anonymously.
* Meeting Hosts, Participants, and Invitees: Hosts, participants, and invitees may be able to see your email, display name, and profile picture. Meeting hosts, participants, and invitees can also see and (depending on the account owner's settings) record or save meeting content, audio transcripts, messages sent to Everyone or to them directly, and files, whiteboards or other information shared during a meeting. Hosts may also be able to see responses to Q&A and polls generated during the meeting.
* Webinar Panelists and Attendees: Only panelists may be visible to attendees during a webinar, but attendees who agree to unmute can be heard by other attendees. If an attendee agrees to become a panelist during a webinar, they may be visible to other attendees, depending on settings. Panelists and attendees may be able to see the name of a participant who asks a question during a Q&A, along with their question, unless the participant submits the question anonymously.
* Livestreams: Meeting and webinar hosts can choose to livestream to a third-party site or service, which means anyone with access to the livestream will be able to see the meeting or webinar.
* Apps and Integrations:
*Account owners can choose to add UglyConnect-developed apps and third-party apps to their account and the UglyConnect Products they use, including via use of the UglyConnect App Marketplace, and they can also control whether their users can add and use specific UglyConnect and third-party apps, including in meetings, webinars, and chats hosted on their account.
*Account owners can also choose to integrate other content – such as email communications on their corporate account – to apps and services that they use, such as UglyConnect IQ (a UglyConnect-developed application that provides insights and business analytics related to businesses when they use UglyConnect Products). Further, account owners may choose to have UglyConnect analyze the meeting's audio recording to distinguish one speaker from another to create an accurate transcript. The audio analysis is not retained after the transcript is generated.
*Depending on their settings, account owners', users' and guests' personal data and content may be shared with apps and integrations approved by account owners, which may include all the personal data categories listed above, such as account information, profile and contact information, registration information, participants list, settings, content, product usage, device information, or emails that have been shared with the app.
*Other participants in the meeting may be able to see the app that you are using in a meeting, if the app is receiving content (including audio and video) from the meeting.
*Third-party developers may also integrate or embed UglyConnect meetings into their website or app experiences or build versions of UglyConnect that enable access to UglyConnect Products from a third-party app.
*Personal information shared by account owners and users with third-party apps and integrations is collected and processed in accordance with the app developers' terms and privacy policies, not UglyConnect's.
Privacy Rights and Choices
If you are in, or a resident of California, please refer to the respective dedicated sections below. Otherwise, at your request, and as required by applicable law, we will:
* Inform you of what personal data we have about you that is under our control.
* Amend or correct such personal data or any previous privacy preferences you selected, or direct you to
applicable tools; and/or
* Delete such personal data or direct you to applicable tools.
To exercise any of your rights as to personal data controlled by UglyConnect, please click here. Where legally permitted, we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, or jeopardize the privacy of others. As an account owner or a user under a licensed account, you may also take steps to affect your personal data by visiting your account and modifying your personal data directly.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement periodically to account for changes in our collection and/or processing of personal data and will post the updated Privacy Statement on our website, with a “Last Updated” date at the top. If we make material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you and provide you an opportunity to review before you choose to continue using our products and services.